Quick start :
- Set Jester's play time (may use default settings) :
- number of seconds per move, or
- number of minutes per game, or
- K.O. game in x minutes with bonus time per move.
- Select side color for Jester.
- Then click [New Game] button to start a new game.
- To play a move, click the piece to move and click his destination square.
- Tip : Jester is playable without connexion (offline mode). So, you know how to save money...
Other buttons :
- "Spy" mode :
Enabled : Jester will display his best variant.
- "Turbo" mode :
Enabled : Jester will use hash-table for playing - as possible - a best game.
- Hide white & black pieces :
These options allow you to play a half or full-blindfold game.
- Variations of chess game :
- Standard : the standard chess game.
- One-Step-Beyond : white pawns are on the 3rd rank, black pawns on the 6th rank.
- Vaureal Dawn : knights & bishops switch their initial position on board.
- Crazy Horses : bishops are replaced by knights.
- Lethal Amazones : knights & bishops are replaced by queens.
- Throne of chaos : like as Fischerandom game.
- Edit mode :
- Click [Modification] button to enter in edit mode. Select a piece with [Select Piece] button and click on the square to place a new piece. When all done, click again [Modification] button to leave edit mode.
Then, click [New game] button to start a game with the new position. White side always plays first.
- Oops! :
Take bake last player move. Not allowed in K.O. game.
- Exit :